Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dairy and Sprints

Sprint
Today I ran 10 x 100 yard sprints. After running drills, I ran the 100's followed by 100 yard walk recovery. If you do the math, it was only like less than 150 seconds of work. (~15s/100yard sprint) x 10 = ~150 seconds. I tell ya, a tough 150 seconds.

I have introduced dairy back into my diet. There have been some recent posts about GOMAD Diet to gain 25lbs in 25 days. GOMAD=Gallon of Milk a Day. I have not taken it to that extreme.

Week 1- 1 quart of heavy whipping cream (50 calories/tablespoon, 64 tbsp/quart = 3200 calories per quart)

Week 2- 1 quart of heavy whipping cream + 2 gallons of whole milk (150 calories/cup, 16 cups/gallon, 2400 calories/gallon) = 3200 + 2400 + 2400 = 8000 calories

So over the past 2 weeks I have increased my calorie consumption by 11,200 calories from drinking dairy.

Why am I doing this? I think this will give me a great understanding of knowing how to gain and lose weight. Of course you need to eat a lot of food in order to gain weight. I knew this, but never experienced it firsthand. I am currently less concerned about increasing my work capacity. I am more interested in gaining size to increase my strength. Although I am participating in the WCCF Olympic Weightlifting Meet on Nov. 6, I am not trying to make weight at 69kg. I will be competing against guys much larger than I, but it isn't like I am going to be doing anything at the National level anyways. I addition, I have always been the small guy. Like always. I think this milk era of my life will be fun..just seeing how big I can get. I will continue my training hitting all of the basics, deadlift, squat, shoulder press, Olympic Lifting, ring work, sprints, strongman and staying healthy. Maintaining an anabolic state is key.

Heavy things.

No comments:

Post a Comment